Stylish, versatile and superbly comfortable, our complete range of quality seating solutions presents options for a wide range of commercial applications.
Our selection includes a wide selection of office task chairs that offer customisable options according to the user’s needs, ensuring the ergonomic comfort that’s so important over those long working days.
Choose from high-back or low-back desk chair options according to your preference. Go simple and minimalist to keep things fresh and informal - or opt for something more grand like an executive chair, perhaps the best way to call the shots from behind a manager or executive desk.
Whatever your choice, this is high quality office furniture - made from hard-wearing materials to withstand the demands of a busy office environment.
Our office furniture selection includes welcoming and relaxing visitor chairs that are perfect for facilitating meetings with business partners, stakeholders and clients. We also offer beam seating that offer practical - yet still very comfy - solutions for those businesses managing multiple visitor appointments throughout the day.
Meanwhile, our stackable chair options are ideal when it comes to work gatherings and presentations - and we also stock a range of high and low stools that will be just right for chilling out in the office kitchen.
The Bowermans seating range reflects their market-leading experience and expertise - developed over 70 remarkable years in the industry. We’re in the business of helping your business - able to deliver solutions tailored to your specific office needs. And we can provide this high-quality office furniture throughout Australia, with delivery options for office chairs across the nation, including Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra.
Please feel free to contact us for a consultation about the seating options that will help your colleagues perform at their best.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- A.An office workstation is a single or multi-seater desk unit that facilitates concentrated work. Often used in open-plan office spaces, these workstations provide plentiful space for staff to work either independently or collaboratively.
- A.An ergonomic workstation consists of furniture that maximises comfort and support, resulting in a better ability to work efficiently and productively. The most ergonomic variant of workstation desks is the height adjustable workstation.
- A.Factors to consider when setting up a new workstation include position flexibility, desk height, neck angle and screen distance. With these factors in mind, a key piece of ergonomic furniture is a height adjustable workstation. The ability to adjust desk height enables flexibility in position, allowing for both sit and stand orientation, whilst also allowing for custom desk heights and screen positions. Find more information out about out sit/stand workstation desks on our height adjustable workstations collection page.
- A.The best type of office chair is an ergonomic task chair. Ergonomic task chairs maximises sitting comfort, offering customisable settings that lets you find the perfect sitting position. It is also important for your office chair to have adjustable armrests - offering more support when in a typing position. Chairs that are made out of high quality materials - hard plastics and metals - add to comfort and extend the lifetime value of your chair.
- A.Office chairs come with a number of different adjustment capabilities. Task Chairs offer a fully flexible sitting arrangement, with levers located under the seat allowing for adjustment of height, seating angle and back support. Additionally, armrests height is adjustable via buttons located on each arm.
- A.When sitting in an office chair it is extremely important to maintain proper posture and avoid causing any unnecessary back pain. Proper sitting poster involves pushing your hips into the pocket of the chair and leaning backwards into the support of the chair. The chair height should be set so that your knees and hips sit equal. The back of the chair should be adjusted to an approximate reclined angle of 105 degrees. Your neck chest should be proud, and shoulders hung loose. Avoid all hunching and leaning forward to ensure a safe sitting posture.
- A.The standard height of an office table is between 71cm and 76cm tall. This allows for comfortable, ergonomic seating for most adults. Seating height adjustments are best made via task chairs, which allow for up and down seat customisation.
- A.Depending on the application of your office table, there are a number of recommended orientations that maximise workflow. For meeting tables, it is recommended that office table is placed in the centre of the room, and lay inline with the room dimensions - this sets room expectations and creates a meeting-centric atmosphere. For non-meeting tables, placement against a wall is ideal, as it maximises space within the room.
- A.When it comes to organising your desk, it is important to understand that minimalism is key. The less clutter on your desk, the more effectively you will be able to maintain focus. A great way to reduce clutter is through the use of desk drawers, office shelves & under-desk cable measurement systems.
- A.Office Desks should be approximately 71cm to 76cm high. This is ideal for a seated working position of an average height human. If this height is too low or high for you, it is recommended that a height adjustable desk be used to ensure healthy posture.
- A.To maintain healthy posture at a desk it is important that:
- Feet stay flat on the floor, inline with your knees.
- Knees sit level (or slightly below) your hips.
- Shoulders remain relaxed and decompressed.
- Wrists fall level (or slightly below) your elbows.
- Your neck stays straight and sits inline with your spine.
- The screen is approximately an arms length away from your face, and slightly below eyeline.
To read further on making a workstation ergonomic, read this article.
- A.When standing at a standing desk, it is best to stand facing the desk directly, with your legs slightly bent. Ensure you do not lean on one leg more than the other, and keep your chest up to reduce slouching. It is recommended to stand 15 minutes every hour of an 8 hour working day.
- A.Standing desks aid in improving posture, allowing users to filter between both sitting & standing positions over the work day. It has been proven that height adjustable desk users burn 10% more calories per hour than seated desk users. Additionally, standing desk users experience less back pain, and are more productive at tasks that can be done while standing.